Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Comfort Food


When you're feeling like the whole world is against you, sometimes all you need to make it better is a bowl of homemade soup. I've had a butternut squash from my garden sitting on the counter for a while now, and I decided it was time to try something new. I personally don't care much for winter squash. All the butter and brown sugar in the world can't cover up the mushy texture, so I just don't cook them. I did, however, decide to grow them this year. For whatever reason. Probably because my husband actually likes it. Too bad I don't like him enough to fix it for him. Just kidding, I did bake the first one just for him.
So, here's this thing sitting on the counter. I wanted to make some soup, but wasn't up for the "pumpkin pie" taste with cinnamon and cloves. So I found this recipe
Oh dear Oh my! I LIKE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP! This recipe was different, and that's what I wanted. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With a Kick. Try it today. Your soul will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment