Sunday, November 8, 2009

I love sleep!

Wow, I actually got a full night's sleep last night! It's incredible how much better you can feel with a full 8 hours. Insomnia is the main side effect (for me) of the medication. I'm on my second week of Venlafaxine, and tomorrow I increase the dose again. The reason for my great night of sound sleep? I forgot to take my medicine last night. Another reason to start taking it in the morning.
I actually had a pretty good weekend, my mom came up Friday night and we watched A River Runs Through It. Saturday was wet, gray, windy, and just plain stormy. I didn't want to leave the house, but my mom talked me into going to the hardware store for some paint and other things we needed, and to the grocery store to get the ingredients we needed for a scrumptious-looking soup we saw being made on TV. We made the soup and some homemade french bread, then after my mom left I painted the spare bedroom. For the first time in 16 years, I will have a guest bedroom! My older son moved out this summer to go to school. His younger brother moved into his old room, and now we are fixing up his bedroom as our new guest room. I have an old iron bed frame that my husband spent yesterday sanding down and painting. So today, we'll put the bed together and get everything set up. Yay! I love it when something actually gets completed. Now I can cross another item off my 43Things list!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like if you worry so much about not being able to sleep when you take your medicine that will make it worse. Did you actually forget that one night or just choose not to take it? I'm sure your doctor could put you on something that doesn't have that side effect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did forget, and I believe that this is just temporary. Until my body adjusts to the medication, this is just something I'll have to deal with. I've gone through it before.

    ReplyDelete